Lisa Snider has completed many different accessibility projects since 1999. Here is a just a very small selection of some past Access Changes Everything Inc. projects.
Legislation and Standard Development
- Member of the Technical committee on accessibility requirements for Information and Communication Technology Products and Services (Accessible Canada Act Standard).
- Associate in the Independent Review of the Nova Scotia Accessibility Act (Province of Nova Scotia Accessibility Act Five Year Review)
- Appointed Chair of the Information and Communications Standard Development Committee (Province of Manitoba Accessibility for Manitobans Act).
- Invited Stakeholder at the Canadian Accessible Procurement Workshop (Relating to the Federal Accessibility Act Procurement Section).
- Invited Stakeholder in the W3C Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Silver Task Force (WCAG 2.1).
- Member of the Microsoft Inclusive Workplace Customer Advisory Council, collaborating with Microsoft to improve the accessibility of their products.
- Member of the W3C Accessible Online Learning Community Group.
- Member of the W3C EPUB3 Community Group
- Past Member of ATHEN Microsoft Office Accessibility Group and the ATHEN Microsoft Mac Outlook Accessibility Group.
Speaker/Panelist (Select from 2016-2022)
- Keynote Speaker at the 2022 Manitoba Access Awareness Week event.
- Invited panelist at Accessibility through Procurement Lunch and Learn Workshop at the 2018 Manitoba Access Awareness Week event.
- Invited speaker at the 2018 Manitoba Libraries Conference, “Breaking Down Barriers: Social Media and Digitized Material Accessibility” .
- Invited speaker at the World Trade Centre Winnipeg in 2018, “Accessibility for Manitobans Act: Info and Communication Tips“.
- Invited speaker at the 2017 Council of Nova Scotia Archives Spring Conference, “Cost Effective Accessibility Tools”.
- Invited speaker at the 2016 MADLaT Conference, “Session 18: Lower the Barriers: Making Documents Accessible for People with Disabilities”.
- Invited speaker at the 2016 Advancing Accessibility Plans event, “Website Accessibility and the Accessibility for Manitobans Act: Where to Start?”.
- Invited Speaker at the Northwestern Ontario Archivists’ Association, “Lower the Electronic Barriers: Digital Accessibility Tips for Archives, Libraries and Museums”.
Facilitation Related (Selected 2016-2018 Only)
- Invited facilitator for the Information, Communication and Technologies section in the City of Winnipeg ‘Let’s Talk About Accessibility’ event. A public consultation for the City of Winnipeg’s Accessibility Plan for the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA).
- Facilitated one group at the 2018 Public Forum on the The Effectiveness of The Accessibility for Manitobans Act: A Review.
Training Related (Very Select 2016-2018)
- Developed and taught ‘Introduction to Word Document Accessibility Workshop’ at the 2018 MADLaT Conference.
- Developed and taught a 2017 two day accessibility workshop on creating accessible InDesign and PDF documents for New Media Manitoba.
- Developed and taught one day workshop on document, website and audio video accessibility for the Association for Manitoba Archives.
- Developed a newcomer disability related ‘Support for People with Disabilities Ready for Manitoba Module’ for the University of Manitoba Extended Education Department.
- Creator of ‘Document Accessibility Directive’ for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Author of book chapter Access for All: Making Your Archives Website Accessible for People with Disabilities