Lisa Snider has completed many different accessibility projects since 1999. Here is a just a small selection of her most recent Access Changes Everything projects:
- Appointed Chair of the Government of Manitoba’s Accessibility for Manitobans Act Information and Communications Standard Development Committee.
- Invited Stakeholder at the Canadian Accessible Procurement Workshop (Relating to the Federal Accessibility Act Procurement Section).
- Invited Stakeholder in the W3C Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Silver Task Force (WCAG 2.1).
- Member of the Microsoft Inclusive Workplace Customer Advisory Council.
- Canadian delegate to the ISO 14289-2 Committee for PDF/UA-2 (US Technical Advisory Group).
- Member of the W3C Accessible Online Learning Community Group.
- Member of the W3C EPUB3 Community Group
- Member of Microsoft Office Accessibility Group and the Microsoft Mac Outlook Accessibility Group, collaborating with Microsoft to improve the accessibility of their products.
- Invited panelist at Accessibility through Procurement Lunch and Learn Workshop at the Manitoba Disabilities Issues Office, 2018 Manitoba Access Awareness Week Event.
- Invited speaker at the 2018 Manitoba Libraries Conference, to present “Breaking Down Barriers: Social Media and Digitized Material Accessibility” .
- Invited speaker at the World Trade Centre Winnipeg in 2018, to present “Accessibility for Manitobans Act: Info and Communication Tips“.
- Invited speaker at the 2017 Council of Nova Scotia Archives Spring Conference, to present “Cost Effective Accessibility Tools”.
- Invited speaker at the 2016 MADLaT Conference of “Session 18: Lower the Barriers: Making Documents Accessible for People with Disabilities”.
- Invited speaker “Website Accessibility and the Accessibility for Manitobans Act: Where to Start?” at the 2016 Province of Manitoba’s Disabilities Issues Office (DIO) Advancing Accessibility Plans Event.
- Invited Speaker at the Northwestern Ontario Archivists’ Association, to present “Lower the Electronic Barriers: Digital Accessibility Tips for Archives, Libraries and Museums”.
- Guest Speaker for the Manitoba Editors’ Association of “Accessible Communication: Websites & Documents”.
Facilitation Related (Selected)
- Invited facilitator for the Information, Communication and Technologies section in the City of Winnipeg ‘Let’s Talk About Accessibility’ event. A public consultation for the City of Winnipeg’s Accessibility Plan for the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA).
- Facilitated one group at the 2018 Public Forum on the The Effectiveness of The Accessibility for Manitobans Act: A Review.
Training Related (Selected)
- Developed and taught ‘Introduction to Word Document Accessibility Workshop’ at the 2018 MADLaT Conference.
- Developed and taught a 2017 two day accessibility workshop on creating accessible InDesign and PDF documents for New Media Manitoba.
- Developed and taught one day workshop on document, website and audio video accessibility for the Association for Manitoba Archives.
- Developed a newcomer disability related ‘Support for People with Disabilities Ready for Manitoba Module’ for the University of Manitoba Extended Education Department.
- Creator of ‘Document Accessibility Directive’ for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Author of book chapter Access for All: Making Your Archives Website Accessible for People with Disabilities
- Usability tester for Deque Systems’ aXe browser extension (1 session).