Access Changes Everything When Everyone Gets Access!
Access Changes Everything (ACE) is a digital accessibility consulting company with offices in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Halifax, Nova Scotia. Even though we are located in Canada, clients are from all over North America.
Lisa Snider is the Senior Consultant, Trainer and Owner of Access Changes Everything. Lisa has completed accessibility and access related projects all over North America since 1999, and with ACE since 2016.
From 2017-2018, Lisa was the Chair of the Government of Manitoba’s Accessibility for Manitobans Act Information and Communications Standard Development Committee.
The focus of ACE is digital accessibility, helping make computers/devices, social media, websites, documents, audio, video, email, mobile apps, electronic signage, etc. more accessible for people with different disabilities.
This work also includes training, workshops, webinars and seminars on how to create accessible documents, emails, presentations, spreadsheets, Word templates etc. in programs, such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, PDF, InDesign, etc.
In this training, ACE focuses on the ‘how’ to make digital materials and media accessible, but also on the ‘why’, in terms of legislation and assistive technology, software, hardware, apps etc.
ACE provides digital accessibility consulting, training and planning that relates to the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Nova Scotia’s Accessibility Act (AA) and the US Revised Section 508 Standards.
Digital Accessibility Services
The digital accessibility services listed below are all related to making websites, emails, documents, social media content, mobile apps, audio, video and electronic signage more accessible for people with different disabilities:
- In person and online accessibility training, workshops, seminars, courses, webinars and educational materials.
- In person seminars, talks and courses on assistive technologies, software, hardware, apps, etc. used today. This includes live and/or video demonstrations of different assistive technologies, provided by Lisa Snider, and/or by local demonstrators with different disabilities.
- Accessibility analysis, auditing and reports with standards, such as: WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1, Section 508 Refresh, PDF/UA-1, etc.
- In person, or remote, user testing done by Lisa Snider and/or by local testers with different disabilities, using different assistive technologies. Automated testing is also available.
- Procurement consulting including Information and Communication Technologies (ITC) recommendations.
- Accessibility remediation and remediation planning and scheduling.
- Facilitation of accessibility related events.
- Archival access and accessibility consulting.