Access Changes Everything When Everyone Gets Access!
Access Changes Everything Inc. (ACE Inc.) is a Canadian digital accessibility consulting company.
The head office is in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Satellite offices are in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Sackville, New Brunswick. Even though we are Canadian, clients come from all over North America.
Lisa Snider is the Owner of Access Changes Everything Inc. She is also the Senior Consultant and Trainer.
Since 1999, Lisa’s passion in life has been to make the digital world more accessible for people with disabilities in different North American settings and contexts, as a web developer, archivist, librarian, and an accessibility consultant.
She started ACE Inc. in 2016, and hasn’t looked back!
The focus of ACE Inc. is digital accessibility.
I help make computers, devices, social media, websites, documents, audio, video, email, mobile apps, e-books, electronic signage, etc. more accessible for people with different disabilities.
This work also includes training, courses, workshops, and webinars on how to create accessible documents, emails, presentations, spreadsheets, e-books, etc. This includes programs such as:
In this training, ACE Inc. focuses on the ‘how’ to make digital materials and media accessible, but also on the ‘why’, in terms of legislation and assistive technology, software, hardware, apps etc.
Accessibility Legislation and Standards
Lisa was the Chair of the Government of Manitoba’s Accessibility for Manitobans Act Information and Communications Standard Development Committee. She loves legislation!
Digital Accessibility Services
The digital accessibility services listed below are all related to making websites, emails, documents, social media content, mobile apps, audio, video, e-books, and electronic signage more accessible for people with different disabilities:
- In person and online accessibility training, workshops, seminars, courses, webinars and educational materials.
- In person and online seminars, talks and courses on assistive technologies, software, hardware, apps, etc. used today. This includes live and/or video demonstrations of different assistive technologies, provided by Lisa Snider, and/or by local demonstrators with different disabilities.
- Accessibility analysis, auditing and reports with standards, such as: WCAG 3.0 Draft, WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1, WCAG 2.2, Section 508 Refresh, PDF/UA-1, etc. ACE goes far beyond these standards, as they are only the beginning, not the end, or the full story!
- In person, or remote, auditing done by Lisa Snider, and/or by local auditors with different disabilities, using different assistive technologies. Automated testing is also available.
- Procurement consulting including Information and Communication Technologies (ITC) recommendations.
- Accessibility remediation and remediation planning and scheduling.
- Facilitation of accessibility related events.
- Archival access and accessibility consulting.