Lisa Snider has completed many different accessibility projects since 1999. Here is a selection of her most recent Access Changes Everything projects:
- Presented an ‘Introduction to Word Document Accessibility Workshop’ at the MADLaT Conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba in May 2018.
- Appointed Chair of the Government of Manitoba’s Information and Communications Standard Development Committee.
- Invited facilitator for the for the Information, Communication and Technologies section in the City of Winnipeg ‘Let’s Talk About Accessibility’ event. A public consultation for the City of Winnipeg’s Accessibility Plan for the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA).
- Presented “Website Accessibility and the Accessibility for Manitobans Act: Where to Start?” at the 2016 Province of Manitoba’s Disabilities Issues Office (DIO) Advancing Accessibility Plans Event.
- Developer of a newcomer disability related ‘Support for People with Disabilities Ready for Manitoba Module’ for the University of Manitoba Extended Education Department.
- One day workshop on document, website and audio video accessibility for the Association for Manitoba Archives.
- Invited Speaker at the 2017 Council of Nova Scotia Archives Spring Conference, to present “Cost Effective Accessibility Tools”.
- Invited Speaker at the Northwestern Ontario Archivists’ Association, to present “Lower the Electronic Barriers: Digital Accessibility Tips for Archives, Libraries and Museums”.
- Guest Presenter for the Manitoba Editors’ Association of “Accessible Communication: Websites & Documents”.
- Usability tester for Deque Systems’ aXe browser extension (1 session).
- Presenter at the 2016 MADLaT Conference of “Session 18: Lower the Barriers: Making Documents Accessible for People with Disabilities”.
- Creator of ‘Document Accessibility Directive’ for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Author of book chapter Access for All: Making Your Archives Website Accessible for People with Disabilities.
- Member of the W3C Accessible Online Learning Community Group.
- Invited Stakeholder in the W3C Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Silver Task Force-WCAG 2.1.
- Member of Microsoft Office Accessibility Group and the Microsoft Mac Outlook Accessibility Group, collaborating with Microsoft to improve the accessibility of their products.